Joi Botanicals is a licensed cannabis producer just east of Calgary, AB. Operating in complete compliance with the Cannabis Regulations, Joi Botanicals maintains strict controls over all aspects of production. Joi Botanicals is seeking highly motivated individuals to join the team immediately as Harvesting Labourers. Harvesting Labourers main duties will be comprised of harvesting, destemming, trimming, and packaging of cannabis products, as well as facility sanitation. This is a full-time position reporting to the Operations Manager.
• Adherence to Good Production Practices (GPP) and Joi Botanicals’ Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Harvest and pre/post-processing of cannabis.
• Transport of pre/post-processed cannabis between production environments in accordance with Joi Botanicals’ SOPs.
• Completing records of all duties as they are performed.
• Operate an automated trimming machine.
• Efficient and detailed manual hand trimming of cannabis.
• Bulk packaging of Cannabis.
• Placing Cannabis in the Secure Storage Room on respective shelving.
• Participate in the post-harvest sanitation of grow rooms; including appropriate disposal of root balls and remaining plant materials.
• Perform manual labour tasks including labeling containers/pouches, manually weighing product, loading/unloading totes, sorting, and operating packaging equipment.
• Other duties include boxing, palletizing and preparing outgoing shipments.
• Cleaning and sanitization of packaging and processing areas and tools.
• Strong attention to detail with product quality, label information and details related to packaging and processing
• Sitting and standing for long periods of time.
• Providing feedback and/or suggestions for continuous improvement(s).
• Performing facility cleaning as required.
• Maintaining a safe and friendly working environment by reporting any issues, hazards, or concerns to Joi Botanicals management.
• Inputting product weights and waste in AirMed if necessary
• Maintaining personal cleanliness by showering daily, prior to reporting to work.
Required Education, Skills, and/or Experience:
• High School Diploma.
• Solid comprehension of the English language, both written and oral. Applicant must be able to read, understand, and adhere to SOPs written in English.
• Strong attention to detail.
• The desire to become a member of the Joi team, not simply an employee.
• Must be able to wear PPE for long periods of time as required.
• Physically able to stand or sit for extended periods of time along with good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
• Able to work in a hot and humid environment.
The hours of work will be Monday to Friday, 8:15am to 4:45pm, with some opportunities to work overtime during evenings/ weekends. The successful applicants may be asked to pass a criminal record background check to the satisfaction of Joi Botanicals before employment will be offered.
• No experience is needed, but previous related experience is an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Our team is built with the same precision and care as our plants.
Find out what’s growing.
Sign up for our newsletter for updates on Joi & what we’re harvesting next.